The Autumnal sun was shining at Spring Hill and in a good game, it was the visitors from North London who came away with the win. 

Uncontested scrums were the order of the day, with Hackney's front row options continuing to be as short as Adam Faulkner's matches this season.

The Ulsterman's quad went ping after 15 seconds, in slight contrast to last week where he pinged someone else and got sent for an early bath.

Belsize also suffered first half injuries, with Arran Ferguson continuing to put his head where it hurts to great effect for the hosts.

At this (not very) high level of rugby, the margins between success and failure are fine. And today it was as fine as debutant's James Russell-Vick's post-match rig #TapsAff

Rich Shorey was denied after stepping in touch 5 metres out, before captain Matt Hanton went even closer but with the same end result. 

Meanwhile, Belsize racked up 3 scores. Their first came from a breakdown pick and go, the second from a charge down and the third after good support play backed up the break started by an up-and-under.

0-21 was certainly not a fair reflection of the play and eventually the Hackney pressure told with Matt Fielden getting himself on the scoresheet. Quick ball saw Hanton poke through the line, offload to Shorey who passed to Russell-Vick, with the centre supplying Fielden to go through untouched.

A Belsize penalty-kick rounded off the half. 7-24. 

A raft of changes followed at the break, and they had the desired effect. 

In a carbon copy of Belsize's second score, Harry Shadbolt charged down a kick to score, and this was swiftly followed by Shorey scoring from a quick tap. 

A Belsize penalty-kick briefly stopped the momentum, before Lawrence Homewood somehow stopped himself from scoring. The second-row's long stride ate up the ground, and his 40 metre break and dive would have given Hackney the lead... If his run didn't start on halfway.

But Hackney had the bit between their teeth now and soon after, Ben Goacher scythed through from full-back to give Hackney their first lead of the match.

But it was a lead they couldn't hold onto, Belsize scoring late in the left corner after good hands.

So Hackney headed off to their yearly Bowling Social without the win, but also without their heads in the gutter.