The Fantastic Fours arrived in the glorious surrounds of Regent's Park with 21 confident players, only to find the booked 'Hub' changing rooms were in use apparently for something called 'Sunday foot ball' so changed pitchside in time-honoured rugby fashion.

London Business School were already present with a large squad, friendly crew, mixed abilities, some new players running out for their first game.

Nevertheless Hackney's Fours were caught on the back foot in the first 10 minutes when a LBS centre took advantage of a what proved a rare lack of concentration in Fours' defence, gathered loose ball and cleared an undefended 50 meters to score. It was clear however that Fours were dominant and far more experienced in the scrum, giving Cormac Fanning at 9 good opportunity to move the ball out with precision. Arkadij Pupkevich, making his debut with Hackney seniors at 7, alongside fellow Colt Theo Hewes and Falco Carmo both at 2nd row were on hand to carry the ball forward with aggression, always making territory and clearing out well at the ruck.

It wasn't long before a good period of Fours possession saw us approach LBS' tryline and a perfect cross kick by fly half Darren Griffin to the wing saw veteran prop Ian Rodger finish the move with dainty hands for Hackney's first try. Uzo Uyanwune was on hand to step in when Ian moved off with an injured shoulder, now his try-scoring work was done.

Now into the 2nd half with 5 points each, neither side was willing to concede, though LBS lost possession and territory with lack of discipline at the breakdown and down to fourteen men after a sin-bin. A sharp interception however saw LBS given another easy try. With fresh legs from half time substitutions, the Fours were not in the mood to present LBS with a third score. Only a clumsy forward pass prevented new winger Zain Daniels from going over after great hands across the park - but with 4s now frequently in opposition territory, it was only a matter of time before replacement prop Uzo boomed through scoring Hackney's 2nd try.

Hackney's fierce defence proved too strong for LBS towards the end when two tries were held up, helped by intellegent work from 3rd Colt player Pat Beal, intended as a sub at 9, but with the outside backs, proving physical aggression and intensity well beyond his size. New 2nd row Mwansa Folotiya supplied additional strength at the breakdown, also proving solid in defence. The final score of 10-10 proved a satisfactory result for a Sunday game with many positives. Great performances from both forwards and backs, thanks to the Colts all three of whom played their socks off, but special mention must go to Pat Beal, starting on the wing and finishing at fullback, for intelligent running, making and taking monster hits which although laying him low a couple of times, proved himself too strong a player to allow that to end his game.

Finally, thanks to London Business School who provided free-flowing post-match beer and pizza.