A comprehensive performance from Hackney to secure another bonus point win and send Quins back to South West London with nothing, but a team performance that still has room for improvement. The lineout was dominant on our own ball whilst really pressuring the opposition on their throw, the scrum achieved a mix of parity and dominance against a bigger pack, while the offloading (at times forced) led to some brilliant broken field rugby.

Less than 3mins were on the clock before James Rowbottom crossed, collecting a tidy cross-field kick by Alex O'Hara after the forwards had won great ball from a lineout. Although missing the conversion from out wide, James Hardwick knocked over a penalty after Quins were penalised at the ruck, with a confident kick despite 'new boots' which lead to a mixed afternoon with the boot. Oz capitalised on good work from the pack and a smart blind side move between No. 8 Ben Chamberlain and scrum half Charlie Davis, with a looped pass from Davis hit from deep with pace by Asim to finish smartly in the corner and nail down Hackney's advantage. Oz notched up another try shortly after following a superb, pacy Hackney counter attack to continue his scoring form despite having barely half a nose following the Actonians game earlier in the season! The bonus point was chalked up in the 30th minute as Rowbottom crossed for the second time with some fancy footwork beating the cover defence after a good initial break in the midfield. Hackney contrived to waste two very good scoring scoring opportunities before half time with Alex O'Hara and Chamberlain failing to convert a two on one and Martin Byers and Davis following suit.

Given previous weeks, the possibility of a Quins fightback was genuine, but all the visitors hopes were extinguished with 3 tries in the first five minutes of the second half. Charlie Davis picked up after a Ben Chamberlain break from the back of the scrum, and proceeded to burrow his way over. The kick-off went to Paddy Walsh who made quick yards with some slick footwork, before Davis chipped throw down the blind side, with Chamberlain in Walsh hurtling down the wing to chase. In the end it was Walsh that got there first to dive over in the corner. An identical kick-off was again worked upfield, only this time O'Hara used his 'pace' to outstrip the defence and finish the game off.

Towards the end of the game youngster Curtis Hobday glided through the defence but didn't have enough pace to get over the try line, still doing brilliantly to get the ball back on the Hackney side, supported by James Dawson. Second row Ollie Hart turned scrum half and supplier, allowing Davis a relatively simple try as Quins struggled to regroup.  James Dawson had a just reward for his hard running all afternoon, crossing with typical strength and determination. The final score of the afternoon capped a hat-trick for Rowbottom as he cemented his position at the top of the scoring charts for the Griffins with 5 for the season. The second half was brought to a premature end when the referee called a halt after 34mins - citing the rapidly fading night as the reasoning.

Despite the backs claiming the majority of the tries, they were given great freedom by the Hackney pack, with the back row constantly leading the Hackney defence and consistently making the hard yards to put the Quins defence on the backfoot. Despite the scoreline, Hackney can still improve and will need to do so over the coming weeks with some testing away fixtures still to come before the new year.

MotM: Charlie Davis has performed brilliantly at openside and hooker, and with scrum halves available stepped into the firing line with great aplomb helping himself to two tries and providing a driving force behind the pack.