From the off, over-eagerness saw four quick penalties put Hackney on the back foot but a break and some continued pressure led to Hardwick knocking over his first penalty of the afternoon.

Almost immediately after the restart Hackney put Old Hamptonians under pressure. With poor scrum ball deep in Old Hamptonians' 22; Shaun Rooke made a crucial decision; sending the Old Hamptonians cover the wrong way by dummying to Alex O'Hara and sending an inside ball to Ben Chamberlain. Chamberlain didn't need to be shown the line twice & duly drove over, beating off two Old Hamptonians defenders to put Hackney in front. Hardwick confidently added the extras.

Barely half way through the first half an Old Hamptonians player was shown a yellow card for punching. The penalty was given in a kickable position with James Hardwick easily stretching the lead to 13-3. Soon after Jon Williams was forced to take illegal action defending his own try line & was sent to the bin just five minutes after his Old Hamptonians counterpart, the penalty was put through the posts to leave Hackney leading 13-6 going into half-time.

In every game so far this season, Hackney have been ahead or right in it at the interval, but lost their way in the second half. The omens weren't good when the second half started badly as Alex O'Hara threw a short pass which was intercepted to bring the score back to 13-11. What followed was a big display of character: rather than letting their heads drop the Griffins came out fighting.

Straight from the kick off Hackney regained possession and drove forward, gaining the penalty, although the kick was just short. Great work with driving mini-mauls saw Chamberlain break inside, he had support from skipper Charlie Davis but he didn't need it as he finished superbly leaving James Hardwick to slot an excellent conversion to stretch the home side's lead.

Just two minutes later, Arif capitalised on a great centre partnership to take a pass from O'Hara and run in under the posts. James Hardwick converted superbly again and Hackney were right on top.

In the last 10 minutes the Griffins sealed off the win and ensured their second bonus point of the season as Chamberlain completed his hat-trick after fantastic attacking rugby with the ball being taken at pace and offloads finding the hands.

MOTM: It was another outstanding performance from Ben Chamberlain with a superbly taken hat-trick helping to turn the game firmly in Hackney's favour.